In 1551, Gustav Vasa established an arms production factory in Arboga called The Arboga Weapons Factory (Arboga vapenfabrik). The production of swords, daggers, etc. in Arboga continued until 1630. During the 18th Century the production of weapons died out completely at Jäder and was replaced with production of non military equipment for the crown. Wire production took over as the main area of business towards the end of the 18th Century.